Italy visa application from Nigeria
This post will tell you what Schengen visa requirements from nigeria, how to apply for Italy visa application in Nigeria, Italy student visa from Nigeria and Italy visa requirements, how to download the Italy visa application form, Italy visa application center in Nigeria. Italy is a Schengen member country.
Now we must have been hearing of Schengen countries, the question is what is a Schengen country, and what is a Schengen visa? First, let’s explain that to make you understand the Italy visa application better but if you know all about the Schengen visa then you can skip to Italy visa application process below further.
What is Schengen visa
Schengen visa is an agreement between selected European countries to allow free passage within them. Nigeria also has similar agreements like this with ecowas for free passage. Kindly see ecowas countries that Nigeria has an agreement with. The Schengen countries document allows free travel within selected countries of Europe. This is known as the visa to tour Europe. There are different types of Schengen visas and most travelers will apply for a short stay visit, which stay is valid for 90 days.
List of Schengen countries
There are 26 Schengen countries in number as of the year 2020. The countries in alphabetical order are Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
How to get a Schengen visa application in Nigeria
The Schengen countries have different visa process. I will be giving out some points to note on this. Also kindly note that some countries accept visa applications on behalf of other countries. So you need to discover which of the countries you want to apply for and how they operate, you can go through our website to see post on how to get a Schengen visa application in nigeria for different Schengen countries like France, Spain, Switzerland, Netherlands and so on. You can our other posts on our website.
Schengen visa requirements from Nigeria
Like earlier said the Schengen member countries have different ways to apply but this post will guide you on general Schengen visa requirements in Nigeria.
- Filled Schengen visa Nigeria application form.
- Passport valid at least three months after leaving (submit all previous, passports, either valid or cancelled. Also you can send me a mail if your trying to get an international passport for easy guidance email@example.com).
- Photocopy of the data page of your passport; Copy of all valid Schengen, UK, US, and Canadian Visas if applicable
- For non-Nigerian nationals residing in Nigeria: a copy of the Nigerian residence permit
- Two recent (3 months old) full-face photographs for each applicant. Kindly note that white background, head coverings are not permitted except for religious reasons.
- An original letter of invitation Must contain a name, first name, date of birth same as in the passport for every invited person. Purpose and duration of the visit (please give the exact dates of stay). Please indicate if the stay and cost are guaranteed.
- If self-employed, kindly provide Introduction letter, business incorporation certificate and memorandum, original and photocopies.
- Company bank statement and personal bank statement three months back stamped and signed by the bank
- For employees, kindly provide an introduction letter from the employer with an indication of the start date of employment, the annual salary, the granted leave period and resumption date
- Salary slips three months back. Personal bank statement three months back, reflecting salary slips stamped and signed by the bank
- Hotel reservation if applicable
- Flight reservation (If you want a cheap ticket you can send me a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. I could get a discounted fare for your next flight to and fro Nigeria).
- Proof of Schengen travel insurance. The Schengen travel insurance shall be valid throughout the territory of the Member States and cover the entire period of the person’s intended stay or transit. The minimum coverage shall be EUR 30’000.
These are the most important documents for the Schengen visa application in Nigeria
Minors Schengen visa requirements in Nigeria
- For Minors traveling alone or with one parent shall provide a copy of the birth certificate, letter of consent from both parents, copy of both parents’ passports and both parents must sign the visa application form
- For married couple traveling together, kindly provide Original (to be returned) and photocopies of marriage certificate
These are the most important documents when applying for the Schengen visa application in Nigeria.
Now you understand what Schengen is all about and how they operate we can then move over to Italy visa application from Nigeria.
Steps to apply for Italy visa application from Nigeria
- Click here to download the Italy visa application form and fill it. Also, download the checklist requirement and other necessary documents
- The next thing is for you to visit an Italy Visa Application Centre (VAC) between 8 am and 2 pm, Monday to Friday. The Italy visa application center in Nigeria is in Lagos and Abuja. The Italy visa application center Lagos is at VFS Global, Manor House, Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, (Opposite Treasure Garden Estate, 3rd Roundabout, Lekki-Epe Expressway) Lekki Phase I, Lagos. The Italy visa application center Abuja is at Lobito Crescent, Wuse II, Abuja Nigeria.
Italy visa requirement in Nigeria
- Application form duly filled and printed out.
- Two recent colored passport size photograph (35mm x 45mm)
- International passport valid for 6months from the date of submission with three consecutive pages.
- Two colored copies of biodata pages of international passport.
- Colored copies of previous and current visa
- Colored copies of previous and current visa
- Nigerian Residence Permit for Non-Nigerian Nationals.
- Travel Medical Insurance
- Flight Booking
- Hotel reservation
- Introduction letter/ leave letter from employer.
- Personal Bank statement covering the last six months printed 15days to date of submission
- For personal business owners, the following should be submitted: Certificate of Incorporation
CO2/ CO7, Memorandum of article, Bill of lading, Six months Company’s bank statement with a reference letter from the bank stating that the applicant is the sole signatory to the account- MANDATORY.
- A typed sheet of the following information in order of appearance: Surname, Names, Date of birth, passport number, Nationality, Personal phone number, Personal active e-mail address, Travel dates, Airline used, Flight route
- Marriage certificate (if applicable).
- In case the child is traveling with either one or none of the parent, a consent letter in form of a sworn affidavit issued by High Court, with the passport photograph and copy of the passport biodata page should be done by both parents or the one not traveling with the child.
- Birth Certificate from the National Population Agency – MANDATORY.
- Parents’ marriage certificate.
Italy student visa in Nigeria
This type of visa is for applicants going to Italy to school. This is classified under a long-stay visa class. Before you take the route, there are conditions you must meet
Italy Student Visa is exclusively for individuals who:
- The applicant must have arranged accommodation in Italy.
- Applicants must have enough finance or sponsor to pay for their tuition fees and living expenses in Italy.
- The applicant must have appropriate Health Insurance.
- The applicant must have the finance to travel to and from Italy.
- Applicants must be law-abiding citizens and have no criminal records.
Steps to apply for Italy student visa from Nigeria
Click here to download the Italy visa application form and fill it. Also, download the checklist requirement and other necessary documents
The next thing is for you to visit an Italy Visa Application Centre (VAC) between 8 am and 2 pm, Monday to Friday. The Italy visa application center in Nigeria is in Lagos and Abuja. The Italy visa application center Lagos is at VFS Global, Manor House, Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, (Opposite Treasure Garden Estate, 3rd Roundabout, Lekki-Epe Expressway) Lekki Phase I, Lagos. The Italy visa application center Abuja is at Lobito Crescent, Wuse II, Abuja Nigeria.
Checklist Italy student visa application in Nigeria
- Two copies 3months old
- Colored passport photographs against a white background.
- International passport (valid for 6months from the date of submission) with three consecutive blank pages
- Academic results and transcripts.
- Admission letter from the school
- Colored photocopies of the previous and current visa.
- Letter of Employment/ Employment details
- Six months’ payslips
- Marriage Certificate
- Residence Permit (for Non-Nigerian Nationals)
The following supporting documents (if applicable): Personal or sponsor’s bank statement for the past six months till date or printed 15 days to the date of submission
- Two copies of colored photocopies of biodata pages of international passport.
- A typed sheet of the following information in order of appearance: Surname, Names, Date of birth, passport number, Nationality, Personal phone number, Personal active e-mail address, Travel dates, Airline used, Flight route.
That is all on Italy visa application from Nigeria. You can check out our other post on other travel visas from Nigeria.